What's new

Sony sued over copy-protected CDs (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I was JUST looking at that "Grace" CD on Amazon (a few days ago). I was going to buy it (as I buy all Jim B CD's), but Amazon listed it as So No sale from me.

It's really sad that these companies want to protect their music SO well from being ripped off, that they lose out on the original sale all together.

Well, I guess it's working. I know I won't be making copies of this CD ;)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I doubt it applies to copy-protected CDs. Probably referring to DualDiscs and those CDs that exceed the 74 min. CD spec perhaps. I have a Sony 2000ES CD/SACD changer in the bedroom system and while it does not see tons of use, I've not had a problem with any CD I've played in it. Given the fact that many CDs have the copy protection it is likely I've already played one (though I don't have a list and never stick anything in a computer - make CD-Rs for the car on a home CD recorder and don't have a problem copying anything). I think my friend told me this was copy protected (he tried to make a copy) - http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...cart=330018932 but I've had no trouble playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks