Sony HD 200 conectivity ? with triple LNB dish

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by baja, Apr 22, 2003.

1. baja

baja Agent

I was reading some consumer reviews about the sony HD 200 and came across this:

"the sony unit is excellent. Caution for those of you using a multi-switch setup. It took me two weeks and 2 dozen phone calls to direct TV and sony... finally TERK the dish
    manufacturer figured it out! The Terk 3LMB oval dish requires a direct line into the sony unit. those of you with a previous multi-switch setup(to multiple TV's in the house) must add a 3rd cable out to the dish. The TERK dish has a signal combiner and multi-switch built in the LMB unit head, and will not pass the signal from satellites B and C unless a dedicated line to the sony unit. Wish I had known this at the start"

Have any of you run into this? It was of concern to me since I want to run 4 recievers (not all HD) off this dish. Does anyone know if this is also so with the Zenith HD520.

2. David_Wh

David_Wh Stunt Coordinator

Baja,

If you have one of the newer DirecTV dishes with the multiswitch built into the head then you shouldnt have any concerns. You can bring 4 lines off the dish to your other receivers just fine.
    Sounds like the other person was getting confused with one of the older directv Dishes.
    Remember, anything that applies for the HD200 will also apply for the 520 as they are the exact same internal they just have different packaging.

Hope this helps.

DWhite

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert