What's new

Someone stole my saw... (1 Viewer)

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Jon_Are,

Thanks for that link, I'm picking it up this weekend. In fact I left the garage open at night not 3 months ago and someone took my wife's cell phone out of her car. I *need* something like that on the nightstand since I am obviously incapable of remembering what status I've left the garage door in :frowning:

StephenA

Screenwriter
That sucks about the saw. Funny someone would take something so awkward.

Luckily I don't forget to close my garage door because my dogs go in there often due to it leading to the fenced in back yard. If I left it open the dogs would get out. I also have 2 ATVs, a grill, tools and other stuff that people would wanna steal in there, so I remember to close it and always check if I think I didn't.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I was in the Discovery store in the mall this weekend. They actually had a wireless garage door sensor on sale there for $40.00.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

It is not guaranteed that your premium will go up, but it is certainly common. Some insurance companies will even drop you for filing "too many" claims, even if they aren't for too much money. The best thing to do seems to be to only use homeowner's for catastrophic events.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Yes, I would definitely not file a claim over this. I dunno, but they may even claim negligence and not pay anything at all.

I'd also not file a claim unless it was a catastrophic event. In fact, it's this very reason my deductable is $1000. Anything less than that, it's worth it just to pay out of pocket and not get the insurance involved. In fact, if you file too many claims not only can it adversely affect you, but anybody who owns the home after you do. There's a website (can't remember the name, unfortunately) that will let you run a carfax-like report on a house. I used it when I bought my current house just to make sure there weren't any strange or unnecessary claims. If there are too many claims it might make it harder to sell in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks