What's new

So, where do we stand on the Universal 8s? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Back in August 2002, we learned about Universal's plans to release 8 TV shows on DVD. To wit:

Battlestar Galactica
Quantum Leap
Earth: The Final Conflict
Sliders
Dragnet
Magnum P.I.
The Rockford Files
Emergency

Of these:
Battlestar is available
Quantum Leap and Sliders are announced, due on June 8 and August 3 respectively
Earth: The Final Conflict's later seasons are available from A.D., but nothing yet from Universal
All the rest are MIA

In addition, we have a bunch of Universals that weren't announced back then, such as A-Team and Knight Rider. I wish they'd give us some indication about the other shows. I particularly want Emergency. As often as Universal is announcing these shows lately, I suppose it's only a matter of time. After all, every indication was that they were already well into production on these things.

Anyone have anything to add or correct to this information?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That just about sums it up, I suppose. You failed to mention some other shows either known to be or rumored to be on-the-way. Buck Rogers is one of the former. Magnum P.I., it should be noted, is one of the latter. Rumored, that is. I haven't been able to confirm it, and I doubt anyone else has, either. Same goes for Miami Vice. But the rumors are definately there.

I also particularly want Emergency! on DVD. A favorite growing up.

The main thing to remember, though, is that the new NBC-Universal entity probably feels no responsibility toward fulfilling the promises of the previous "regime" in control at the old Universal Home Video back in 2002. So all of those shows are on the table, of course - assuming ownership hasn't changed - but they probably changed their game plan to prioritize things the way they saw fit.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If Magnum is rumored to be on the way, we're doing alright on that list. Sooner is better than later, but at least the odds are good we'll see the rest at some point.

Part of my intention with this thread was to list the other ones Universal has announced since that list. Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up closely enough to know which ones I missed. If there are others besides Buck Rogers and Miami Vice (note again: rumored), I invite you or others to list them here.

Thanks for the response!

Eric Larsen

Agent
In addition, Universal does have the first season of Northern Exposure on the way on May 25th!

Is the NBC-Universal deal complete?

(Dave, glad to see you back and thanks for the word on the Mel Brooks films.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks