What's new

So - What Music Did You Buy This Week? (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Elephant - The White Stripes
Let It Bleed - The Rolling Stones(I just burned a copy from my dad, so it's not remastered)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Wow, there is so much coming out next week, I don't even know where to start!

Less Than Jake - Anthem
Weird Al - Poodle Hat
Powerman 5000 - Transform
Deftones - Deftones
Staind - 14 Shades of Gray

I am most likely going to get Less Than Jake or Weird Al, whichever is cheaper. I really want LTJ, since I am a huge fan of them. Weird Al is great too, but I think that his albums can get boring over time.

Rory Gallagher - BBC Sessions 2 CD

Thin Lizzy - The Hero And The Madman

Grand Funk RR - We're An American Band - Remaster

Marilyn Manson - Golden Age O' Grotesque

Klank - Numb (used)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Apocalyptica - Cult
Electric Light Orchestra - The Essential Electric Light Orchestra
Annie Lennox - Diva
Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
Leo Kottke - The Leo Kottke Instrumentals (Both the Capitol and Chrysalis compilations)

I know... there's no unifying theme to my music purchases. :D Actually, I was rather upset that they didn't have any discs from The Human League, since "Don't You Want Me?" has been bouncing around in my head for several days.

Brad

Kevin T

Screenwriter
hmmmm....now i've added

tori amos: little earthquakes
tori amos: under the pink
deicide: once upon the cross
deicide: insineratehymn
primus: pork soda
mc 900 ft. jesus: one step ahead of the spider
marilyn manson: the golden age of grotesque

kevin t

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Anthrax- We've Come For You All
The White Stripes- Elephant
Ra-From One
Theory of a Deadman-Self Titled

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
CD's......

Marilyn Manson - "The Golden Age Of Grotesque"

Frank Zappa - "Chunga's Revenge"

Loretta Lynn - "All Time Greatest Hits"

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Peter Gabriel's first three albums on SACD.

Edenbridge- Arcana

Jean Sibelius, Violin Concerto in D Minor, original version and final version, performed by Leonidas Kavakos with the Lahti Symphony Orchestra

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Just got these last night:

Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane. BMG's packaging job is very nice, along with very detailed liner notes. And the CD itself has a glossy finish in the same bubblegum pink color.

Tourist by St. Germain. This sounds rather like acid jazz to me--good chill-out stuff. Blue Note is their label--hmmm.

Link Removed Well, not exactly just music but after hearing about this film + music for so long--even the MST3K guys mentioned it--I just decided to blow fifteen bucks & see what all the fuss was about. There was also a package deal available, with this film plus its sequel for $25. Dvd-audio version

From earlier this week:

Grassroots from 311. Powerful & raw performances compared to their last album From Chaos, which I found a little too slick sounding production-wise (and very compressed/loud sounding unfortunately). I like this almost as much as my favorite 311 album, Transistor.

And lastly, from last month:

Ambassadors of Style Good stuff--the album's title fits the musical themes. I like their Scorpio Rising album better though.

Vai Vai 10" vinyl. Downtempo mix is great--love the "big" drum sounds they added in.

LJ

Kevin T

Screenwriter
first impression on the manson:

i don't wanna say it's utter crap because it's got a few catchy tunes on it. i only gave one listen through thus far but basically everything after anti-christ was a turd. holywood had glimpses of glory but ultimately failed on me. don't care for the new turn manson seems to be taking and the effect it's having on his music. i like even less the fact that he stole tim skold from kmfdm and jon lowry from two but let's look on the bright side....twiggy's playing bass for a perfect circle. :)

kevin t

Manson's G.A.G. is similar sounding to Mechanical Animals which is my fav Manson. Industrial sounding with danceable songs and very loud chorus's - guaranteed to rid your home of termites.

The limited edition has the 25 minute short film disc which is a wretched mess - visually stupid with Manson repeating jibberish over and over.

A hearty thumbs up for the MUSIC disc only!

JohnGil

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the Doobie Brothers on Saturday on DVD-A. Listened to it all day Sunday "WOW" and I was so impressed today I bought QUEEN "A knight at the opera", Fleetwood Mac "rumours" and Eagles "Hell freezes over". If I had known 7 month ago how good DVD-A sounded I would have started buying them back then. I just dismissed it as another way for recording companies to take my money. This format has resurrected my love for music. I'll be buying many more DVD-A titles.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Mike Oldfield;Tubular Bells[SACD MC]
Peter Gabriel:Passion [SACD]
Wheater Report: Mysterious Traveler [SACD MC]
Elliot Fisk plays[guitar] Bach,Scarlatti[SACD]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks