What's new

So...did anyone catch the Spike TV Video Game Awards? (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
They were much better than last year, though thats not saying much. The only great thing about it was "Hot Girls Reading Cheat Codes"...something about them saying "Up. Down. Left. Left." made me feel all mushy inside.

Still, Spike has a long way to go before really making a worthwhile awards ceremony. How disappointing.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The only gaming awards I take seriously are the AIAS awards. They dont get a lot of public attention though. It is just the Oscars but for games. If they made this more public and did the right advertising, I think that would help the gaming image in the public mindset. Gaming now is just looked at as a "hip, cool" thing to do and be part of. That is why I find it interesting John Singleton is making a game. A big time hollywood director making a game.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
As soon as I saw the thread title I thought if it was better than last year's. I didn't see it but it was universally flamed among the gaming community. At least there is some hope. Given the value of this industry (last I heard it was approaching or overtaking the movie industry in sales) you would think it would be given more respect.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Money wise it has overtaken the movie industry, but it is still not taken seriously as a form of art. It is just some cool hobby that people have in the public eye.

Rodney K

Agent
If this year's was better than last year's I can't imagine what kind of a trainwreck they aired last year!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks