So, Aberdeen Maryland? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
late to the party.....
generally speaking....you need to ensure the PJ is mounted squarely and level to the screen. (from the photo, it was obvious that it was not) Ensure the motorized movement (on the JVC) has been zeroed and then move the PJ to ensure the image is square and level. Then use the motorized lense functions to center / resize the image to screen.
Usually, the better the mount, the better the steadfastness.
There are no pin cushion adjustments on good quality PJs. (some UST PJs do have these adjustments).
Focus the PJ last, and then do full convergence adjustments of each zone, then refocus again.
Also remember that mechanical lense memories are never perfect and will require some retweeking.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got it even more dialed in. Just incredible.
125FDFE6-5637-4AAD-939D-67D176C5148D.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
late to the party.....

Thanks Gregg. The almost unbelievable thing was that both mounts had the same exact misalignment to start with. Using the Crimson mount made it easy to fix that issue. Adding the 420 has made a five year old system 1000x better than ever. I seriously cannot believe that this PJ is capable of this level of color and brightness.

Im literally going through 20 UHDs that I always treasured because of how they looked non my OLEDs but was disappointed in them on the PJ and am almost giddy with the improvement. OLED still squarely has a lead but the distance between them has been smashed.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yep. I’ve preordered an NZ8 but they don’t have any stock and have bumped the price twice
Sorry to hear that. Too bad pre-ordering doesn't lock in a price at the time of ordering. I think these supply line issues and shortages are just being used as an excuse for a little price gouging.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Oooooh!

So All American has been open for a few months now and I am officially a “regular”. Highly recommended!

Since I’ve been a homeowner it’s been my hope to fill my walls with two things: photos I’ve taken and original artwork. Along the way I’ve bought a few small to medium pieces by NJ based pop artist Craig Mahoney and an 8x10 original called “Lettuce Prey” by genius fellow HTFer Mike Knapp. Today I added my first full sized canvas titled “Trouble on the catwalk” also by Mike.

It
Is
GLORIOUS

And it fits my personality and interests to a T: Cats, earth, rockets, dinosaurs and space. All in a gooey and incongruously surreal mix 🤯🔥😝

I absolutely love it and will smile every time I walk up and down the stairs in the middle of my house. Thanks a ton for getting this to me in such great shape Mike, I will treasure it all my days.

FE325576-670F-456E-8A67-EBCA5B500782.jpeg

This is my first, smaller piece by Mike, Lettuce Prey:
9FF1859F-07CD-4249-B84F-C037B2FE1322.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks