What's new

Slumdog Millionaire DVD errors (1 Viewer)

solstice

Auditioning
Real Name
Rollyn
I happened to buy this film a month and a day ago and returned it to the grocery where I bought it a month ago ahead of the official FOX replacement
program. I knew down deep I couldn't buy retail as the size of the problem was being ignored. Yet two weeks later I decided to purchase from an internet seller who claimed his discs were unaffected. When I contacted him, he told me he went by the content listing on the case. The cases were all the same...only opening the case and playing the disc would reveal good or bad. My second purchase this time went back to FOX for replacement. It is amusing to read 'some at retail were affected' as I am in the third week of waiting for the replacement disc. I gather at first some customers got a replacement in next day air. Obviously, the FOX error on this distribution is larger than they will ever admit to and they are handling replacements NOW one at a time as inexpensively as possible. I wish they had taken the trial run
with 'Marley' instead so Grandmas and parents could be be the ones distressed by the foolishness of this marketing gimmick.

mwsinmd

Auditioning
Real Name
Marty
To get a replacement copy of Slumdog Millionaire, you can also go to the special 20th Century Fox web site (I guess that's how big the problem is) slumdogdvd.orderassistance.com to register and get instructions and a mailing label to return your "bad" copy - apparently they won't ship the replacement DVD until they get your copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks