What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

simultaneous DVD burning (1 Viewer)

Kevin_V

Agent
Hello,
At work we archive project data to CD & DVD. Typically we do a minimum of 2 copies (one for offsite). To save time,
I heard that Nero has a multiple record feature that will let us burn 2 or more DVDs simultaneously.
I'd like to install 2 identical DVD burners in a PC (Pentium 4/Win2000). Are there any problems doing this?
Thanks for any & all help.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
no problems at all. i regularly do 3 and more simultaneous burning sessions for clients that need multiple copies of certain projects.

one thing to do if possible is to put the drives on seperate ide cables though. i have three drives all on their own cable. two are hooked up via a pci-ide card.

however, i did this to improve my performance with simultaneous burning of different projects at the same time. i was also able to do simultaneous burning with the same project with standard setup with no problem.

by the way i use nero 6.6.?.? and 3 optorite 1602's and a hp dvd300e.

Kevin_V

Agent
Thanks Diallo
How it will be hooked up is one of my concerns. We will look into a ide card.
Thanks again.

Kevin_V

Agent
Is there a better way to install the new DVD burners?
The PC has a primary IDE cable to the HD & a secondary IDE cable to a DVD reader. Should I:
a) connect the DVD reader as a slave on the primary cable with the HD & add the new DVD burners to the secondary IDE cable as master & slave?
b) Leave the present cabling as is & install a PCI-IDE card. Connect the card to the new DVD burners with a new cable as a master & slave?
c) Leave the present cabling as is. Install a PCI-IDE card and connect each burner with it's own cable to the card.
d) or is there another way?
Any & all help is appreciated.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Option C is the simplest to implement, while also keeping the IDE overhead low for the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks