What's new

Should I open NHL 2003? (1 Viewer)

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, my wife bought me NHL2003 for x-box for my birthday and Im wondering if I should just go ahead and play it, or wait for NHL 2K3 instead?? I havent played any hockey games since the days of Sega 95 so Im not used to any of them. Based on previous years, which one offers the most realistic gameplay/graphics?

Ive heard the EA is more 'arcade like' than the Sega, anyone find this to be true? What about graphics? Im using the x-box hi-def out on a Tosh 50" HD widescreen.

Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I heard that NHL 2003 wasn't that good, but if you haven't played one since '95 maybe you'd like it.

Me, Im waiting to see what kind of reviews NHL2K3 gets. I'm not the world's biggest EA fan, so I'll wait and see what Sega has in store for us.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Online play is the deciding factor for me. After seeing how much fun it is to play football and basketball online. If you enjoy playing hockey more against a friend than by yourself then wait and get 2k3.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I would take it back. I have been playing the NHL series since 97 and this is a dissapointment. The PS2 version would most likely be better or just go get the PS2 version of 2002 it was good.

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I have NHL 2003 and HAD NHL 2002 for the xbox.
Wait it out and exchange it. Anything has to be better than NHL 2003(and I'll play anything!)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I think you should just go ahead and leave it sealed, as sports games have a habit of appreciating in value. You'll be raking it in on ebay in a few years if you know what I mean.

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
James, youll be beggin me to sell it to ya for 500 bucks in 2010!:)
Has anyone compared the EA hockey vs. Sega? Which one plays/looks better. Thanks

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Sega's plays better without a doubt. Just like their other sports games, they are more focused on making the games play like the sport rather than making a fast paced game loosly based on a sport. Better AI, better physics, fighting for the puck along the boards, better goalies, actually working for and setting up goals etc.
2K2 has it's flaws, many of which have supposed to have been addressed in 2K3.
Visually, EA's may be better, but Sega's looks to be very close. The main place where 2K2 fell behind was in it's presentation (Commentary, sound, menus) which looks to be much better in 2K3 due to the ESPN license and some more work on it.
Plus.... online play for XBox!
Check out this recent interview with the project manager of 2K3.
http://www.operationsports.com/revie...l2k3interview2
Right now, I basically want an XBox just so I can play 2K3 online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks