What's new

Shiva in vented Adire or SBB4? (1 Viewer)

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, couple of questions for you. I'm going to build one of these two boxes, and I need a little help choosing which one. I like the little extra extension on the Adire, but I also like the extra spl of the SBB4. How much of a loss in overall output is there between the two? Could the port be "adjusted" to lower the tuning on the SBB4 to allow some extra low end? I'd LOVE to build the Shiva EBS, but I think the box is a little large for me. Well, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

By the way, this is for HT use only, music will be very minimal.

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
Between an SBB4 and an EBS alignment, the SPL curve pivots about 25Hz. Both are at about the same spl at 25Hz with the SBB4 being -3dB down (from this pivot point) at 20Hz while the EBS' -3dB point is around 17Hz. The EBS alignment is 3dB to 6dB louder relative to the SBB4 alignment.
Perhaps it would be easier to decide if you thought about what you'd be missing instead of what you liked about the two alignments :)
Personally, I'd reconsider the EBS alignment. You'll get extended bass with little difference in upper bass output compared to the SBB4 alignment.
Isaac

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for your lone response, Isaac. I do believe I am going to make the EBS. I'll just have to live with the size difference. Once again, thanks for your reply!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks