What's new

Shaky Line on Broadcast HD Channels - SONY KDL-52XBR4 (1 Viewer)

li33gwm

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I am getting a shaky line at the top of the screen of my SONY KDL-52XBR4 TV on mainly HD broadcast stations (CBS, NBC, ABC and now even ESPN2) when not being broadcast in HD. My cable provider is Cablevision of Long Island, have a TiVo Series 3 box and a Bose Lifestyle 38 IV if that matters. - using HDMI.

I tried to turn the noise off -- read somewhere that this might be the problem, but no luck -- any suggestions? Also have heard that there are some overscan settings which might need to be turned off - can't seem to find that setting. Any suggestions....Thanks

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
its a thin white line along the top?

This is due to you setting the display for zero overscan. For 4x3 material select a zoom mode.

li33gwm

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Thanks for the reply - it is a think sort of "jaggedy" line at the top of the screen and only on certain channels.

How do I adjust the overscan feature on this? What should the ideal overscan be set at? Appreciate your help..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks