What's new

Sex and the City: opinions please........... (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's OK Lew, I read it but now can't remember anything, except that some bartender got laid :D.
--
Holadem

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I bought the first season. I thought it was okay. Funny even, but I did find the women a bit annoying - although I concede that this may be intentional!
It didn't interest me enough to bother with the other seasons. I don't know...their problems just seem so trivial and meaningless to me!
Say, does that walking carpet character (aka the Dork) change and become a Real Man(tm)? I like him...he reminds me of my self when I was very young and believed the crap they taught in school about how guys should be carpets to be stomped on. :D

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Wasn't it on "Simpsons" that it was described (by Marge's sisters, I think) as "a show about 4 women who behave like gay men"? :)
"Oh, this is sooo like our life." :D
Seriously, I rented the first season and was mildly amused by some of the episodes. It wasn't terrible, but I just wasn't all that impressed by it.
Granted, I've only seen the first season, and a few other scattered episodes, but like others I just find the characters a bit shallow. I appreciate that they are distinct and each have their own viewpoint, but I just don't really relate to any of them, even the guys.
Maybe I should try to watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons sometime (although the show was praised fairly highly right out of the gate). As it stands, though, I found the first season to be kind of funny in spots, but nothing special. For sexual frankness and relationship humor, I find the British comedy Coupling much funnier. And for actual insight into relationships...well, I've honestly seen more on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (along with wittier dialogue, too).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I like the ones where Carrie's shoes teach her a life lesson.

And the one where she smokes a lot, and Samantha beds a guy 20 years younger than her, and Miranda dresses like a man.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
My girlfriend LOVES the show. I find the characters to be far too one-dimensional. The writing on this show follows the same formula every time. This is how every meeting between the four women goes:

Carrie: (insert "insightful" observation about sex or relationships)
Miranda: (insert sarcastic and cynical quip)
Samantha: (insert crass and slutty remark)
Charlotte: (insert shocked and uptight reaction to Samantha)
(insert reflective Carrie voice-over)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Whoever the cute little brunet is? I don’t know her real name or character name from the few shows I watched. She is cute and her boyfriend is funny. Whoever the older woman is? Her character completely annoys the crap out of me. But other than that the only thing I got out of it was a bunch of women complaining that they are not getting any, and then complaining that about it when they do get some. Its defiantly allot more "steamy" than regular TV but nothing to get excited about. Ron Livingston and John Corbett where the only reason I watched a few episodes. My mom loves the show however. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks