Serial Mom in Anamorphic anytime soon?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MatthewA, Sep 22, 2007.

1. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I looked in five stores: two Best Buys, a Circuit City, a Target, and a Borders. Nobody had it, so I just went ahead and bought it online.

It's nice to hear that it's an improvement.

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Just to clarify, I didn't say it's not an upgrade - I never saw the old disc, so I don't know. (I plan to borrow it from a friend before my review goes online.) I just thought that the transfer was blah at best. Blah can be a step up from bad, of course, and this may well be the best "SM" has ever looked, but objectively, I still think it's blah.

Anyone have thoughts on the new commentary? I listened to it and then listened to the solo Waters chat from the old disc - they're both very similar IMO. Turner doesn't add much, and the new one largely just rehashes the same comments from the old one. Seems kinda redundant to me...

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, they are very similar. I think the new one is a little more lively though since there's another person for Waters to talk to (besides interviewer Mark Rance).

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

But the new one loses the more perverse elements of the older track, such as thoughts about Clinton and Lewinsky.

They're pretty equal, but I preferred the original commentary...

5. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I was wondering about that. When the old commentary was recorded, that stuff was relatively current.