What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: The She-Creature (1956) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
289876131_2522227251247604_798972743070341372_n.jpg

***SURPRISE! NEW TITLE ON BLU-RAY IN STOCK NOW!***

The stunningly lovely assistant to a fiendish hypnotist finds the beast within her unleashed in the drive-in classic THE SHE-CREATURE!
Andrea Talbott (Marla English) becomes a pawn in the deadly intentions of Dr. Carlo Lombardi (Chester Morris), who uses his sinister powers to regress her to a past life... as a prehistoric humanoid monster from the ocean's depths! Using Andrea to commit shocking and vengeful murders, Lombardi's crimes go unchecked... until his assistant-turned-assassin slowly begins to take control of her hideous new form.

Plus, get an EXCLUSIVE 18" X 24" FOLDED POSTER featuring our artwork, available while supplies last!
Order: https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-she-creature?product_id=7850&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=shecreaturefb

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Paul Blaisdell did some amazingly movie creatures!!! I just wish it had been in color!!!

Attachments

• SheCreature#3.jpg
    SheCreature#3.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 61
  • ea3c7dabb0a8e1e606c8d5877a2b333c.jpg
    ea3c7dabb0a8e1e606c8d5877a2b333c.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 50

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Waiting for this for quite some time. Now how about Blood Of Dracula, Teenage Caveman and maybe some AIP titles owned by Susan Hart - if she ever decides to loosen her grip on them.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
So, is this a limited release like some of the other Corman releases? I don't see anything about it being limited on their site.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I believe this one is a limited edition. They are offering a free poster with it and it said only 1500 copies are available. It was the same deal with Day The World Ended, which I see is no longer available to buy on there.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
It's been a while since the MST3K episode came out, so it's nice to see it get an HD debut. I'm not big on this title, myself, but any Corman/AIP flicks that make it to blu ray are a win in my book.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Ordered. I always got the impression that AIP thought THE SHE CREATURE was going to be something special, or at least a step up from their usual output. The original choice of Peter Lorre as the hypnotist would have added much-needed dignity, and although Chester Morris had been a legitimate star in times past, his presence at this juncture just reinforces SHE CREATURE's B-movie persona. Ron Randell came from MGM (he recently played Cole Porter in KISS ME KATE), and Lance Fuller would make an interesting impression in better movies as a young, somewhat weird character actor (here he's the semi-bored hero). I think director Ed Cahn did a fine job with the picture's creepy sequences, one of the best being an early exploration of a beach house the monster has attacked. Always liked that dead body falling directly at the audience as the camera shakes from the impact, an old trick that always works. The editing of SHE-CREATURE is also notable, with Cahn cutting away from the advancing monster initially, which denies us a clear view, only impressive glimpses. He also gives us the She Creature's face in an evocative, super-tight close-up, first seen in the credits, which is far more effective than simply showing us the whole head in a standard 'beauty shot' CU. In general, there is a little more attention given to lighting and composition in TSC, and its odd combination of science fiction and mysticism, which was novel in 1956, is still kind of interesting.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
It is still of the better early AIP titles. Much better than Voodoo Woman, which uses part of the monster's outfit from The She Creature.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Ordered. I always got the impression that AIP thought THE SHE CREATURE was going to be something special, or at least a step up from their usual output. The original choice of Peter Lorre as the hypnotist would have added much-needed dignity, and although Chester Morris had been a legitimate star in times past, his presence at this juncture just reinforces SHE CREATURE's B-movie persona. Ron Randell came from MGM (he recently played Cole Porter in KISS ME KATE), and Lance Fuller would make an interesting impression in better movies as a young, somewhat weird character actor (here he's the semi-bored hero). I think director Ed Cahn did a fine job with the picture's creepy sequences, one of the best being an early exploration of a beach house the monster has attacked. Always liked that dead body falling directly at the audience as the camera shakes from the impact, an old trick that always works. The editing of SHE-CREATURE is also notable, with Cahn cutting away from the advancing monster initially, which denies us a clear view, only impressive glimpses. He also gives us the She Creature's face in an evocative, super-tight close-up, first seen in the credits, which is far more effective than simply showing us the whole head in a standard 'beauty shot' CU. In general, there is a little more attention given to lighting and composition in TSC, and its odd combination of science fiction and mysticism, which was novel in 1956, is still kind of interesting.
in the world of lower buget/Drive-In circut features, the thing for me were the Monsters!! Most if not all, created by the Master Monster Maker Paul Blaisdell. During this period he seemed to be creating Monsters for Everybody!!

Attachments

• Covera-DS-188.jpg
    Covera-DS-188.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 35
  • paul 1.jpg
    paul 1.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 39

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Another classic CheeseFest is The Flesh Eaters....Natzi Mad Scientists, an Island lost to the world...and Irish McCulla!! nuff said!! Come on Mesa of Lost Woman!!

Attachments

• 479full-irish-mccalla.jpg
    479full-irish-mccalla.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 56

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Another classic CheeseFest is The Flesh Eaters....Natzi Mad Scientists, an Island lost to the world...and Irish McCulla!! nuff said!! Come on Mesa of Lost Woman!!
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, Irish was in the very similar She-Demons, which I would love to have on blu.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The Flesh Eaters Blu-ray looked fantastic, they included the alternate Fred Olen Ray version in SD but it was missing the color sequence at the end. This was the first time I watched the movie without the added scenes.
The She-Creature also looked great in widescreen and was very happy with it. Im more into A/V with extras just being icing on the cake for me.
Hopefully Viking Women and the Sea Serpent and Teenage Caveman will be coming up over the next several months!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks