Sci Fi 2011

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kazz, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Kazz

Kazz Stunt Coordinator

As some may know, Sci Fi will be pretty big in the theaters, with alien themed films coming out like:

Battle For Los Angeles

Paul

Cowboys Vs. Aliens

Attack The Block

But what about awesome Sci Fi TV? What are you guys looking forward to in 2011?

What springs to mind for me is TNT's upcoming Falling Skies, which takes the premise of an alien invasion and serializes it in an episodic format(Darkhorse is also doing a webcomic for the series).

the series will storyboard the harrowing events of an alien invasion, which places Tom Mason, and his three sons, Hal, Ben and Matt in a struggle to survive as they fight back against the aliens.
    After the attack, the aliens kidnap Ben. Tom joins 2nd Mass to help find his son, a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against the occupying alien force.

I found out a bit about this series at work as I work for a marketing company that is doing some of the campaigning for TNT's upcoming series. The videos I have seen for it are interesting, one of which can be found on fanbolt's site:

http://www.fanbolt.com/headline/10275/F ... 7_Released

I think it looks very fun

What about you guys, name what you are looking forward to for sci fi in 2011.

2. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

Nothing I've heard of. I prefer "Space Opera" myself; which is set in ......wait for it.......Outer Space.

At least "Falling Skies" appears to use aliens that look like aliens. I particularly hate aliens on Earth that look "just like us" !

3. spshultz

spshultz Second Unit

John Ratzen
    The new Torchwood premieres on STARZ in July sometime. I guess that's kind of Sci Fi.

4. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Isn't Spielberg's series "Terra Nova" supposed to premiere this year?

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I saw that the pilot is going to be on in May and presumably the series would start airing in the fall.