SAW VII - 3D anyone?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ryan Belfast, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Ryan Belfast

Ryan Belfast Stunt Coordinator

Anyone looking forward to the final SAW installment? Its currently being filmed in 3D and its going and looking quite well. I think this will take a whole new turn on the franchise and hopefully they will go out with a bang!

2. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

Wow...seventh installment? I had no idea it had so many sequels. I really enjoyed the first one. It was smart and fresh. I think I viewed #2...might have been 3rd...not sure. Ryan, in your opinion, are the others worth seeing or are they really just milking the brand name?

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

The last one I saw had Jigsaw in it I think, but his apprentice was thrown into a pit of needles, which one was that?

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

5. Ryan Belfast

Ryan Belfast Stunt Coordinator

Well, the 1st was the best, the 2nd is the best sequel, the 6th is the best since the second. 3, 4 and 5 are just good fun, but not quite as good story's as the others. But some eye watering traps.

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    One thing I will say about the Saw films, and something I really appreciate about them as well, is that they've got more brains in their heads than most horror that comes out now.

At least these films offer a continuing mystery that challenges you to follow, it's not just mindless gore like some will have you believe, there's a good story being told here and each film unfolds and gives us another piece.

I thoroughly enjoy each Saw film and welcome a final one, could do without the 3D, though.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Saw VII Release was just pushed up a week to October 22.

October 29 seemed to be kind of crowded and it will allow them to avoid the head-to-head with Paranormal Activity 2 after getting spanked by the first film last year (despite Saw VI being one of the best films in the franchise, IMO).

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ Since the bulk of their target audience is probably more interested in going to parties on Halloween weekend than going to a movie theater, it's probably a good move to get away from that date anyway.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Looks like this is back on October 29.

And is it really in 3D? The trailer is pretty subtle about it (