What's new
World Wide Stereo

Sanyo PLV-Z5 LCD Projector (1 Viewer)

Dave1

Grip
Real Name
David
Considering this projector. Does anybody have one and what is your opinion of the unit. ( Picture, quality, setup, hrs on bulb, etc.)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Shane Harg

Second Unit
I don't own one, but I know first-hand that it is an exceptional projector and that it would be hard to go wrong with it. I was considering Z4, but went with a competing model, only because I would be sitting at borderlined close proximity to the screen, at which distance pixelation (seeing individual pixels) may have become an issue. However, at distances of 10ft. or more, the Sanyo was noticeably sharper than the projector I bought.

Dave1

Grip
Real Name
David
I read that in a review about the pixel issue. My setup would have me sitting about 14 ft from screen and projector at 13ft approx. Do you think it would be much of an issue at that distance.

Tks
Dave

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I recently installed one at a friend's and their front row would have u sitting at 10 feet I believe. No SDE that close and I can say that 14 feet would be "too far away."

Shane Harg

Second Unit
You would have to be sitting at less than 9ft. to really notice any pixelation with the Z5, so it would probably be a good choice for you. Of course it all depends on how big your screen size will be, as well. You should be fine with just about any screen size up to around 120" or so, at 14ft. away. I agree, however, that 14ft. would be a little too far away and lessen the impact at 100" screen size or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks