What's new

Safely Cleaning Blu-ray Discs. (1 Viewer)

BluHT

Agent
Real Name
D Manning
I was wondering how the rest of you clean the playable surface of your blu-ray discs without scratching them.
Occasionally, discs that I order, even new ones, have little specs of lint or markings such as light fingerprints (or they attract such things). How do you clean the surface of the discs without scratching, scuffing or otherwise marring the finish?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Windex has traditionally been what's used on DVDs. Blu-rays have a protective coating, so Windex should be fine on them as well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I use windex and a paper towel.
Lightly mist the disc then wipe in a back and forth motion not circular.
I leave it in the case and the wiping motion spins the disc enough so that's get all the entire surface wiped.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I don't use Windex, because it can cloud some plastic (I have posters mounted w/UV plexi and have a specific cleaner I use for them). I'd use glasses cleaner that's been cleared to use with plastic lenses.

BluHT

Agent
Real Name
D Manning
Thanks for the replies.
Do you think the solution and cloth typically used for plasma screens and LCD computer screens could also work?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks