What's new

Roger and Me: "Pets or Meat" or not at all? (1 Viewer)

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Warner has announced an August street date for Michael Moore's first crime against humanity (I kid, I kid), but it does not seem,at least according to www.dvdfile.com that the film's follow-up short, "Pets or Meat," will be included on the disc. This short was produced for, or at least shown on, PBS, often accompanying showings of "Roger and Me."

Is there a rights issue related to this film (there are often PBS-related special features on DVDs, so I'm not sure if this would be the case), did DVD FILE or Warner simply neglect to mention this feature, or will it be left off the disc entirely? Its absence would not be a deal-breaker for me, but it would sure be nice to have it.

Before I get all fired up and do something rash like start a petition, does anyone have any news on this front?

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
From that blurb in dvdfile, it's tough to tell whether that is the finished list of extras. With 2 1/2 months before it hits the street, I would guess that the final content won't be known for sure for another month or so.

Bruce

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I never saw Pets or Meat, so I would really like Warner to include this, as I have always been curious as to what it was about.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
I think if Moore has anything to do with it, it'll be on there and since he's providing a commentary we can hope. I still have the tape somewhere from PBS. I'll look for it and see if there's a separate copyright.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I find it odd that its taken this long for any of Moore's films to hit dvd. Let's hope it was worth the wait and lets hope Pets or Meat is included because I doubt they'll be doing another version any time soon.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Pets or Meat was produced by Moore's Dog Eat Dog company so I would think that they would have at least some say.
This better be on the damn DVD, I mean it is perfect as an extra...half an hour long...nice follow up to the people we met in the film...every bit as controversial as the film...already made!

Come on WARNER BROTHERS! FEED THE SNAKE!

...I didn't know rabbits could scream before I saw this short film...

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I loved "Pets or Meat" when it was first broadcasted. It was a bit self-serving, but it was no illusion that Moore's movie "Roger & Me" did have an incredible impact on the community even if the feature didn't exactly get them their jobs back. And who could ever forget "feeding time"? :D

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
This year seems to be a good year for Michael Moore fans. I know I'm excited about Roger & Me coming to DVD and I too hope Pets or Meat will be included. I've never seen it.

Gregory

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely buying Roger & Me, but the short film would be a VERY welcome inclusion. I've never seen it!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
***SIGH*** This thread reminded me of how disappointed I was at the non inclusion of Pet's or Meat on the dvd.....:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks