What's new

Robocop Reboot (2013) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Loved this movie in high school. And Peter Weller's performance had a couple of transcendent moments.
Will it have the same satire, albeit slanted for 2012 politics?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
While I missed the USA Film Festival premiere in Dallas of the unedited director's cut, I saw the R-rated version of Robocop on opening night in 1987, at the largest Dallas theater showing it. SInce the movie was filmed in Dallas, the audience got a real kick out of seeing Dallas monuments in the background (Reunion Tower, City Hall matte painted into OCP headquarters, and so on). I liked it so much, I sat through it twice.
I fell in love with this movie. Bought the VHS back before I had a laserdisc player. Had the laserdisc, the Criterion laserdisc, the DVD, the Criterion DVD, and now the blu-ray (of the director's cut). The stop-motion photography was some of the best of the era. While the blu-ray could use some work, I am happy with it, and see no point to a remake.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I had not seen this film in literally over 10yrs. Watched the Bluray recently and was suprised at how well this film holds up.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
In opposition to the remake, I rewatched the original last night.
It is probably unlikely I can get this question answered in this thread but there is something bugging me about Robocop on Blu-ray. I distinctly remember that the 6000 SUX car in the movie was mentioned in the theater as a Pontiac 6000 SUX but the Blu-ray version doesn't state the brand of the car. Am I making up a memory or was the brand removed from the home version?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It was always just the 6000 Sux. No Pontiac was ever mentioned.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I just want to have a chance to fire off that assault cannon at an artillery range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks