What's new

RIP Roger Rees (1944-2015) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This British actor is probably best known for his recurring role on "Cheers" as Robin Colcord, a multi-millionaire who competed with Sam Malone for Rebecca Howe's affections.

The standout role I'll always remember him for, though, was on "My So-Called Life" as Vic Racine, the exciting and unconventional substitute teacher who at first seems like Robin Williams in "Dead Poets Society" but is quickly revealed to be a lecherous dead-beat dad, delinquent on his child support and perpetually on the run from adult responsibility. It was a brilliant and, at the time, shocking inversion of the usual cliches.

I also enjoyed him as the title character's best friend on the Sam Raimi/Sam Hamm/Carl Lumbly 90s superhero show "M.A.N.T.I.S." on Fox.

He had a wide-ranging film and television career spanning five decades.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
He was working almost right up until the end, playing opposite Chita Rivera in the Broadway musical "The Visit", which closed only a few weeks ago.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
So sorry to read this. Always loved him in everything in which he appeared. He won the Tony for The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickelby. I wish I could have experienced that nine-hour play.

He will be very dearly missed.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Now I have two long viewings to watch soon
Nicholas Nickleby and Zhivago.

R.I.P. Roger Rees

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
For people wanting something better than 50 Shades...and one of his stellar performances...

Going Under.

Rest In Peace

(can't really help "the badly timed pun"...)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Sad to hear of his passing. He was a very gifted actor.

He was very memorable in Nicholas Nickleby and the version of A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott in the early/mid 80's.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rob Willey said:
He was very memorable in Nicholas Nickleby and the version of A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott in the early/mid 80's.

Yes, his role as nephew to Ebenezer Scrooge is how I most remember him, since the 1984 version is an annual "must watch" in our house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks