What's new

Right off the bat: the first problem with "Gigli" (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Funny article.
Interesting that she turns from a Lesbian into a Hetero because of Bens character.

Didnt we see something to that affect in Chasing Amy?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Apparently Ben Afleck has that affect on women.

I just get a kick out of everyone trying to pronounce this movie :)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
More importantly, how LONG is this movie? The script is 145 pages, and knowing director Martin Brest's bloated length on some of his previous films, this could be a doozy in its running time.

I just get a kick out of everyone trying to pronounce this movie.
Me too. But not as funny as whenever someone mentions Jerry Maguire they spell it as Jerry McGuire, and whenever someone mentions Lizzie McGuire they spell it as Lizzie Maguire. :)

Jason

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I'm curious to see when Gigli bombs at the box office if it'll signal the end of Jennifer's real life romance with Ben. Perhaps if Jersey Girl bombs too they might not even still be together by that time or it'll further weaken their relationship(hey Hollywood romances are as fickle as they come).

VinceCar

Grip
I can't believe a movie with this many bad reviews.......bad actors (Good lord from some scenes shown on TV Affleck is HORRIBLE!)..........and a re-done plot has AL PACINO! involved.......What happened to ya Al? What happened?

Oh, and shzee-lee w00t I did it!

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
When he asks: “What?”, she replies: “Come on, gobble, gobble”.
I think that this is truly disturbing. Not only is this exchange totally idiotic, but it also brings back personal memories of what my friends and I used to call "turkey time," where the scream of "gobble, gobble" was accompanied by one of us bouncing around with our nuts hanging out of our fly. But I am sure this is not what Martin Brest (heh, heh, Brest) meant when writing this scene.:D

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I think the director did Scent of a Woman which Al Pacino won an Oscar for. That explains why he's in it.

The movie is going to bomb, and I'll make any possible bet with anyone that it will. What annoys me is the movie is still given the royal treatment.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
One good thing about the title Gigli -- it's really easy to search for. The thread originally entitled "Gigli: Your Raspberry Award Leader" has now been merged with the existing thread on the topic.

M.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
it also brings back personal memories of what my friends and I used to call "turkey time," where the scream of "gobble, gobble" was accompanied by one of us bouncing around with our nuts hanging out of our fly.
as she says it.

Gigli: the next 'shanghai suprise'

~j

Tyler Gagnon

Stunt Coordinator
I'll bet this movie will still make at least 20 million in it opening day, Have you ever watched the box office results scrolling buy on the bottom of your tv screen and say to your self "Who's paying to see this crap"

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
If this film does indeed bomb, then, IMO, it couldn't happen to 2 more deserving """stars""".

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
This thing has crap written all over it. You know Kevin Smith has to be biting his tongue hoping people can quickly forget about this before "Jersey Girl" gets released.
They pushed it back to Dec due to "Gigli" but then pushed it again due to Lord of the Rings (Liv Tyler is in Jersey Girl, but there was no contract making them push it back, They just don't want to get caught in the massive wave of people going to see LOTR) *From Kevin's website

I hope this isn't the first film Kevin does that loses money. His films aren't blockbusters, but they aren't very expensive and have always made the studio their money back. I think Gigli will tank like Madonna's movie (Sweptaway made less than $600,000 in the US box office but cost $12 million to make and market) and it may affect Jersey Girl.

Kevin's a good Filmmaker (well a good writer anyway) I wish him luck!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I hope this isn't the first film Kevin does that loses money.
I don't think it will. The KS fans will fill the theater the first week at least. Whether or not they LIKE the film is a whole nother story.

More and more, I keep thinking that Miramax is distancing this film as far away from Gigli as possible because Gigli is Nuclear Explosion bad. Otherwise, wouldn't they at least try to take advantage of the media attention their relationship is getting right now?

Also, I wonder if there is a little rewriting of history here in those interviews. I know Gigli was filmed first, and that's how they met, but didn't the current relationship really start right before Jersey Girl started filming? Just curious...

Jason

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Wasn't there a recent story of how they doctored JLo in the poster to give her bigger tits and a smaller ass?

I don't seem to recall her having that much up front. :D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
What a BAD airbrushing job. Geez. Adds to the whole "this is gonna be worse than From Justin to Kelly" vibe, I guess.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Smith was an idiot for bringing Lopez into one of his films to begin with. Affleck I can understand, as he has a history with Smith, but why in the world did Smith bring in Lopez? Is he wanting to kill his credibility? Yes she's a decent actress, but she's basically killed her reputation as simply a good actress, and replaced it with a reputation of crappy pop singer/actress/"diva"/People magazine cover-girl. That's not the kind of actress I see Smith fans relating to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks