What's new

Pre-Order Richard Pryor Double Feature: Which Way Is Up?, The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81hc89vEDkL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
These are both iconic but for different reasons. Which Way Is Up? showcases Pryor in multiple roles before the trend was popularized for comedic use [excepting the great Peter Sellers and likely others I'm not aware of] by the likes of Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy. Bingo Long And The Traveling All Stars has a star studded cast and is worth it's price IMO for the posterity of that alone. I'll definitely be grabbing this one.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I so-o-o long for Blu-ray upgrades to arguably the best two Rchard Pryor movies ever... RICHARD PRYOR LIVE IN CONCERT (1978) and RICHARD PRYOR LIVE ON THE SUNSET STRIP (1982) The earlier concert is -- and nothing else comes close for me -- the funniest hour and a half I've ever spent in a theater. I literally could not stop laughing, and had a difficult time catching my breath. Unfortunately, the DVD is soft and ruddy, and the red shirt Pryor was wearing looks a dull orange. Please someone, rescue this! While not quite as breathtakingly hilarious, SUNSET STRIP, filmed after Pryor had recovered from his cocaine addiction and a heart attack, contains some unsurpassable moments of comedy mixed with horror and sadness. Sony owns this one, so...no excuses!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
These are both iconic but for different reasons. Which Way Is Up? showcases Pryor in multiple roles before the trend was popularized for comedic use [excepting the great Peter Sellers and likely others I'm not aware of] by the likes of Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy. Bingo Long And The Traveling All Stars has a star studded cast and is worth it's price IMO for the posterity of that alone. I'll definitely be grabbing this one.
Perhaps Obi-Wan (OG) might differ ...
View attachment 182108
View attachment 182109
;) ...
He did state there might be some others he's not aware of.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks