What's new

Replace my Yamaha with 1014TX? (1 Viewer)

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Ryan

Sorry. I hope you didn't take too much offense. My annoyance wasn't that high. I have always had a problem with people posting things like "others", "most" and "everybody". I didn't mean to really single you out. It is just a pet peeve of mine.

Dave Lindhorst

Stunt Coordinator
As we all know amplifiers don't put out the rated power all the time. Music is of the nature that it has a dynamic range to it and I doubt if all the chanels have full output at any one time. That would explain the discrepancy in the power consumption versus the rated output.

Sounds good to me.

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok,
Power differences aside, I have some questions about MCCAC. One of my big problems with my current set-up in the inability to adjust the front left and right independently. My speaker set-up is not optimal and I think I would get better front sound stage if I could get independent adjustment. Does MCCAC do this? Also, would I see an advantage with the greater crossover options? My RX-V630 has a single level of 80 if I remember correctly. Can anyone who has owned Pioneer and Yamaha comment on any general differences in sound reproduction between these two? Thanks, I appreciate all the good input.

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit

Its all good just hope you realize I wasn't trying to deceive. I can respect many models of receivers in this range and am not trying to put down the Pioneer, however I think other things should be looked at rather than total power as decent receivers in this price range will all have enough for most people.

Yes I believe MCCAC does that. You would see the advantage of more crossover options as you get into bigger subs that can be crossed lower than is normal or have small speakers that need to be crossed higher. I don't own one so I can't compare.

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
Two doorways force me to put the TV/Center speaker in the corner of the room. The RF speaker must go on the other side of one doorway in the opposite corner. The LF speaker is a short distance up the long wall out of the corner. This puts the center and LF closer together and closer to the primary seating than the RF. Since the RF-Center-LF triangle is not balanced, my set-up is always a balance of compromises with speaker level and center delay. Unfortunately, no options to change at this point in time. :frowning:

Gralen

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Dave Sorry it took so long to answer. I have a technic slbd200. Just something I got. I decide to get it instead of a more expensive model. biggest mistake I ever made. Should have gotten a more expensive model. This model is good but need a special phono for my yamaha. It wont play very loud.. as for the arguement about power in Yamaha and other reciever, my 1200 get 80 watts per channel in 5.1. According to Sound and Vision, it does 50 watts per channel. Most company fudge their number to impress people. When I get my house I hope to get an upgrade either to a Yamaha 2500 or a Harmon Kardon. Or maybe to a Conrad Johnson or a Rotel Amp. Lehigh I have a problem with my speaker set up because I have one speaker that is against the wall and one near a open space near the closet. If I put it next the closet door, It will be 5 feet behind the the right speaker which against a wall. But some how I made it work. Problem with the left speaker sometime I cant hear suble sounds due to the fact that I have Mirages which are reflected speakers. I am now reading an old article on a home theater magazine.

Shiu

Second Unit

That really makes a lot of sense!

It is true that an amp cannot output more than it inputs, but it is also true that while playing music an amp would not necessarily "consume" its "rated output".

Ryan, does the power consumption number at the 1014's back plate say anything about at "rated output", or it only say "power consumption"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks