What's new

Reciever vs. Seperates (1 Viewer)

Jerry M.

Auditioning
I am considering either getting B&K AVR 507 vs. Outlaw 950/755 combo. I have All Paradigm v.3's: (2)PW2200, (2)Monitor 11, (1)CC370, & (4)Monitor 5's.

I like the idea of the Outlaw's brute strength, but like B&K's bells & whistles. Also, the B&K's sub out crossover is defeatable. My subs crossover isn't. I really don't like the idea of staggered crossovers, because of the problems it causes.

Any thoughts???

Yogi

Screenwriter
IMHO B&K blends better with Paradigm speakers mainly because I like warm laidback sound and mainly because Paradigm is a forward sounding speaker, to my ears. The Outlaw will have a slightly snappier presentation when tied to Paradigm. The B&K 507 preamp section is exactly identical to the Ref 50 which IMHO is a better preamp than the 950. The only weakness to the 507 would be the lower powered amp section which wouldn't be an issue if the Paradigms are of 90db sensitivity and if you had a moderately sized room. So my preference would lean towards the B&K but someone favouring the Outlaw sound could make an equally compelling argument against the 507. So my suggestion is to audition both in your home if possible and then let your ears decide.

Jerry M.

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply!

The B&K I think would be better also. The Outlaw would be better if I had the studio line, but would be a bit much for the monitors. I just wanted to see if anyone out there agreed.

If I did end up going the Outlaw route, I had planned on getting the Reference 50 down the road...once my money situation improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks