What's new

Pre-Order Raw Wind In Eden (1958) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71NaKKFt3BL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Craig999

Agent
Real Name
Craig
Just watched this last night and was very pleased with the nice picture quality, never saw this film before. Great eye-candy here, with beautiful ocean shore scenery and Esther Williams in her prime. Jeff Chandler is always great too. I felt the plot was sorta weak, though; I was expecting more of a serious melodrama but this one was more like On an Island with You, which actually isn't that much of a bad thing. But it would have helped to have things move along a bit quicker, some scenes are on the slow, stagy side. Still, I enjoyed watching it and I'm very happy to have such a nicely-done blu-ray in my collection. If you like Esther Williams, it's a must-have.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Just watched this last night and was very pleased with the nice picture quality, never saw this film before. Great eye-candy here, with beautiful ocean shore scenery and Esther Williams in her prime. Jeff Chandler is always great too. I felt the plot was sorta weak, though; I was expecting more of a serious melodrama but this one was more like On an Island with You, which actually isn't that much of a bad thing. But it would have helped to have things move along a bit quicker, some scenes are on the slow, stagy side. Still, I enjoyed watching it and I'm very happy to have such a nicely-done blu-ray in my collection. If you like Esther Williams, it's a must-have.
My two reservations about the film is that the dialog is poor and excessive and that Richard Wilson did not direct his actors properly. I'm very surprised about that because in his other films - Man With Gun, Al Capone, Pay Or Die - he got good performances from his cast.

Other than that, I enjoy the film and I'm pleased to have this disc in my collection.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Received this today and watched it straightaway. It's a slim story and moves slowly at times and the ending is never in doubt. I'm not a fan of Jeff Chandler and he has no chemistry with the absolutely gorgeous Esther Williams. She is a fashion model in Rome (I could have watched her swanning around the city for 90 minutes!) before arriving at the island. She is very athletic and it's great to see her swimming naturally rather than the staged sequences during her MGM residence. She should have done more action films. The blu ray is very good, the outdoor sequences are much better than interiors, although scene changes (dissolves?) are ropey. Very pleased to have another of Esther Williams' films on blu ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks