What's new

Random 4:3 to 16x9 to 4:3 (1 Viewer)

jimdc58

Agent
Real Name
Jim
I have, from time to time, experienced my television flipping from normal screen, while watching cable TV, to widescreen, and then back. This, as yet, has NEVER happened when watching a movie on DVD or watching a VHS tape.

Is this the result of some type of signal coming in from the cable provider, a signal that the remote control battery is running down, or a true problem with the set.

The fact that it hasn't yet happened while watching a DVD makes me thing it is the first of the three, but I'm wondering if you have heard of this before.

My set is a Sony FD Trinitron Wega KV30HS510.

jimdc58

Agent
Real Name
Jim
No, this is just while watching standard cable programming. I'll be watching a show in normal mode, and it will suddenly stretch out to widescreen, and then back to normal.

I did get a reply to a message I sent to Sony, and they believe it's the cable signal, though, since I changed my remote's batteries, it hasn't happened again.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Some TV's have an auto-aspect ratio function that will switch the screen according to the aspect ratio of the content. I've got an LG LCD that does this. It will switch from 4:3 to widescreen and back at commercials and sometimes it gets fooled during the show itself. I don't use it any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks