Rain in Car-Help

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by WadeB, Jan 26, 2004.

1. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

Like an idiot I left my driver side window open, and the inside of my car is soaked. Other than dry it out as best I can, does anybody have any suggestions for anything that will keep it from mildewing, any products that are good to use that won’t smell like chemicals that are made for just such a thing. I’d hate for my car to start smelling musty. Thanks!

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

[​IMG]

Perhaps we could lure him out with something... hmm...

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Seriously, I would leave your windows cracked whenever possible... and park in the sun.. if you've got any this time of year. My wife left my sunroof wide open during a downpour once... my car felt like a jungle inside for a day or so but came out alright.

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I once left the convertible top down while I went inside a friends house. Then it rained. Oops.

Just clean things up as best you can, and leave the vent open when you're not in the car. You should be fine.

4. wally

wally Second Unit

Fill trunk with silica.

Seriously keeping fresh air circulating as much as possible will help.

Might try a box/window fan(s) when in the garage. We use them on occasion when our basement floods. A little musty smelling at first but dries fine after several days.

5. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

dammit dave I was gonna make a joke about rain to....

once again always the late one[​IMG]

6. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Fresh air and sunlight are the best remedies. If you know you are going to have a good sunny day in GA soon park it in the sun and leave all the windows wide open. Just dont forget to close them before the next rain. [​IMG]

7. WadeB

WadeB Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the tips and I enjoyed the joke about Rain.

Seeing the moisture build up on my driver side window during the day, I can see the benefit of letting some air and sun in. Unfortunately it's been threatening rain (and ice!) all day and looks like the same for tomorrow.

Maybe I'll run a hair dryer on an outdoor extension cord and try to dry things up and hope that Wednesdays forecast (Sunny!) is correct.

Wish I had a garage.

8. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Without a garage you are pretty hozed. I had that trouble once and was successful with a space heater and a garage overnight. Without a garage you may want to pick a clear night and crack the window.

9. Rain

Rain Producer

I swear I've never been in your car in my life. [​IMG]

10. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Rain, maybe it was when you had a little too much to drink and you passed out in his car.