Alex Czaplicki
F28WLZOasAAVBGb

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I wonder if he got to see the new Exorcist film before he passed.

YANG

Screenwriter
his cinematic work listing may be short...
螢幕擷取畫面 (294).png

...the French Connection and EXORCIST certainly secure his fame as the top few respectable film maker!​

YANG

Screenwriter
I wonder if he got to see the new Exorcist film before he passed.
his last movie photography is done shooting before Lance Riddick's passing... so i guess he may have probably seen it.
as a fan to Friedkin, i would be interested to see the EXORCIST reboot to credit his name... as an gratitude of respect, as "director to the inspiration".

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I was just watching a interview of his last night. Rest in peace Mr.Friedkin, your body of work will be cherished for decades to come.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I know it was beaten up back in 1977 but time has been very kind to Sorcerer and people's opinions of it.
I've always felt the title of the film didn't do it any favors at the time because most people associate that with some form of witchcraft and not a truck ( the name of the truck they drive).

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
In terms of my opinions of them, his movies were a mixed bag, but there's no doubt that he was a hell of a filmmaker.

A special shout-out to my favorite work of his: "Nightcrawlers", an episode of the 1980s reboot of The Twilight Zone.

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
Sorcerer was film I saw when it opened. It's one of the handful of American remakes of foreign films that runs neck and neck with it's original, The Wages Of Fear. Sorcerer IS masterful. I have had many people over who wanted to see it, had never seen it and some who had never heard of it. They unanimously loved it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I know it was beaten up back in 1977 but time has been very kind to Sorcerer and people's opinions of it.

I recall not being all that favorable to it because I didn't think it was a patch on the original The Wages of Fear. But that's not really giving it a fair shot. I probably should take another look at it; it's been 46 years since I've seen it, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks