What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

R.I.P Tony Bennett (1 Viewer)

728x90

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Just saw this reported. What an amazing entertainer. Few [if any] did it better. He will be missed.

R.I.P. and thanks for so many memories
I just spoke with one of my dear friends -she was his almost wife dated him for years she lives right around the corner from his home in the City -she worked at macys for years and was the one that got him in the parade she is taking it very well they expected it - another loss that hits home with us all WHAT A CLASS ACT HE WAS she is close friends with his daughter I conveyed our condolences to the family
1689974760708.png

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
One Amazing and prolific Artist...a true musical treasure. At leaset his songs will live on to inspire us today and in the future many others. Here's to YOU Tony!!

san francisco california GIF

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
A true Legend! My favorite from the film The Oscar, Maybe September, also in the background of Jack Ruby's place in the film JFK while Kevin Costner is interviewing a potential female witness who is afraid to testify. Fit like a glove here.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Sad, but he lived an incredible life until nearly the very end. Not too many artists see their popularity re-ignite in their 80's and 90's, selling out arenas and winning Grammys.
I know there were a lot of grumblings about him being exploited when he kept touring despite advanced Alzheimer's. But when you see clips from his final performance at Radio City Music Hall, you can see a joy and a certainty of purpose that very few with advanced Alzheimer's get to experience.

Speaking of:
  • MTV has set three back-to-back re-airings of its two Unplugged specials featuring Tony Bennett, commemorating the beloved singer’s death today at 96. "MTV Unplugged: Tony Bennett" from 1994 will return tonight at 10 p.m. ET/PT, followed by 2021’s "MTV Unplugged: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga" at 11. Both will repeat starting at 9:30 a.m. Saturday and at 7 p.m. Sunday.
  • CBS will air an encore presentation of "One Last Time: An Evening With Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga", Bennett's final concert special honoring the musical legacy and enduring friendship of the two musical icons, on Sunday, July 23 at 9 pm. It originally aired Sunday, November 28, 2021.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I know there were a lot of grumblings about him being exploited when he kept touring despite advanced Alzheimer's. But when you see clips from his final performance at Radio City Music Hall, you can see a joy and a certainty of purpose that very few with advanced Alzheimer's get to experience.
No matter how devious Alzheimer's is, it could never take away his music.

This article tells about the last song he sang to his wife before he died, and how he always remembered the songs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...last-song-sang-special-meaning-held-rcna97932

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks