What's new

R.I.P Queen Elizabeth II (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

She was a true leader - as a young lady she showed courage as London faced the Blitz! They do not make them like her anymore! May She Rest In Peace and be at peace with her beloved husband now

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's the end of an era, for sure. She lived a long, illustrious, and meaningful life, and she will be missed. R.I.P., Your Majesty.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
She certainly didn't mind getting her hands dirty during the war.

575d298fc5902d96c6b1eb7e342d30fb.jpg

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The Smithsonian Channel had broadcast a good documentary on Queen Elizabeth doing a commentary on her 1953 Coronation. Rest in Peace.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
70 years
15 Prime Ministers (Churchill to Truss)
14 US Presidents (Truman to Biden)

1 Queen

What an extraordinary life! Reigning over 70 tumultuous years in which the world changed completely, she carried the burdens of her office with so much grace & humility. She will undoubtedly go down in history as the last great monarch of any country, as that ancient institution becomes increasingly irrelevant.

Rest in Peace Elizabeth R

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am wondering what the attitude toward King Charles will be here in Canada. I was born in 1951 when Princess Elizabeth and her husband were touring here. Because of this, my parents added Philip as a middle name to me. It’s hard to imagine something like this happening today with new parents.
It’s hard to find anyone who cares much for the royal family now.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I am wondering what the attitude toward King Charles will be here in Canada. I was born in 1951 when Princess Elizabeth and her husband were touring here. Because of this, my parents added Philip as a middle name to me. It’s hard to imagine something like this happening today with new parents.

Add to that most of us have only know a single monarch up to now. Now we have to get used to a new one! It's gonna feel weird for a while. I'll know it's real when I get my passport renewed next year and the word queen is replaced with king.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Already getting spam emails from the King:

King Charles III
London SW1A 1AA, United Kingdom

Dear beneficiary,

The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family. We mourn profoundly the loss of a cherished sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I wish to use this medium to thank all members of the public for the heartfelt condolence messages. However, I have no choice than to ascend the throne as King Charles III. I want to thank all members of our royal cabinets, the parliament, and the Buckingham palace members. It is the greatest day of my life ascending the throne left by a great mother, mentor, builder, and my everyday life who single handedly built the empire of the United Kingdom. Last but not the least, following her last wish before her demise, she wished to distribute all her funds in her Scottish bank account valued at 30 BILLION GBP (THIRTY BILLION GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS) to the less privileged across the world. We are sending emails to individuals and charity homes who were shortlisted on her beneficiary file for these donations, and we want the receiver of this email to quickly reply immediately with your full details including a copy of your Identification for proper verification. We wish to work and partner with you as we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours in service
King Charles III
The Great Britain

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Already getting spam emails from the King:

King Charles III
London SW1A 1AA, United Kingdom

Dear beneficiary,

The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family. We mourn profoundly the loss of a cherished sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I wish to use this medium to thank all members of the public for the heartfelt condolence messages. However, I have no choice than to ascend the throne as King Charles III. I want to thank all members of our royal cabinets, the parliament, and the Buckingham palace members. It is the greatest day of my life ascending the throne left by a great mother, mentor, builder, and my everyday life who single handedly built the empire of the United Kingdom. Last but not the least, following her last wish before her demise, she wished to distribute all her funds in her Scottish bank account valued at 30 BILLION GBP (THIRTY BILLION GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS) to the less privileged across the world. We are sending emails to individuals and charity homes who were shortlisted on her beneficiary file for these donations, and we want the receiver of this email to quickly reply immediately with your full details including a copy of your Identification for proper verification. We wish to work and partner with you as we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours in service
King Charles III
The Great Britain

Woah! But sadly, that's precisely the kinda phishy, (cyber)world in which we live...

Well, at least that phishing attempt wasn't riddled w/ typos and tons of grammatical and usage errors I suppose... although I'm not a Briton, so maybe I'm missing some (contextual?) usage errors (or maybe even proper spelling) that may be specific to the King's English...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My 70-yo, Hong Kong native mother actually called me up over the weekend to express her (previously unknown-to-me) fondness and admiration for the Queen and sadness over this (w/ various anecdotes, etc) -- not something she'd normally do for the passing of high profile celebs, especially given her jaded pragmatism that's fairly typical of many native Hong Kong-ers...

Since she still apparently has some type of UK connection thru her (legacy?) Hong Kong citizenship and passport (even after naturalizing here in the USA), she indicated she might even consider moving to the UK instead of HK, if she ever leaves here -- she thoroughly hates the PRC (for what it did to her extended family and everyone like them and seemingly continues/returns to do nowadays), can't stand what's been happening in HK and fears the worst for HK (and her remaining relatives still there)...

Anyway, I was really surprised by her expressed affection for the Queen... Don't think she's even quite expressed such for me (directly to me anyway), her firstborn, LOL... but maybe someday (I hope) I suppose...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks