What's new
World Wide Stereo

Quick question (1 Viewer)

Scott W.

Second Unit
Hi. I have a basic question, and I don't really know where to ask it. I've noticed that lately my TV and DVD viewing is abit green in color. What setting do I need to change to fix this? It's only happened recently, and the picture really is noticeable. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks :)

Scott

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Feedback is clearly not a good bet for getting answers, because this belongs in one of the hardware areas. Since you say it affects both TV and DVD viewing, that sounds like a question for Display Devices.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Can you provide the model number for the TV? How long have you had it? It's not unusual for colors to drift slightly over time, but if it's a sudden change, the issue may be more serious.

That being said, tweaking color settings by eye (at least for me) is not that easy to do. Your best bet is to pick up a calibration DVD (Avia is a great choice, since it comes with color filters specifically for making color adjustments). The DVD will take you through the process step-by-step to use the basic video controls (color, tint, brightness, contrast) to properly calibrate your display.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale