What's new

Quick question for LG 75UH8500 owners (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I got this TV last week, despite hearing reports that the latest LG TVs could NOT display PAL-format video (or 50hz in HD or 4K.) I was pleasantly surprised to see that my TV DOES in fact display them, which is important to me as I have several PAL DVDs as well as PAL VHS, CED and laserdisc players.

I'm wondering however if ALL of the 75-inch models in the US support PAL, or if mine is some sort of fluke (it does have a tuner for US and Canada TV.) I may have to have the main board in mine replaced as the analog video inputs do not work, but if it turns out some of these TVs do not support PAL I may just keep the existing board in it anyways as I don't want to lose this capability (I can upscale analog sources through my receiver, but would still like to have the analog inputs available.)

My TV was made in Mexico and has a black bezel and back, I've heard some of these TVs have a white/silver bezel and were made in Asia- that may determine whether a set is PAL-capable.

If anyone who has this model (75-inch only, not the smaller ones) can verify whether or not it can display PAL/50hz video through its HDMI inputs, that would be greatly appreciated!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My LG OLED 65E6P supports PAL as I changed the settings on my Oppo 93 to PAL and then played a Region B DVD with no issues.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The board was replaced yesterday and happily I can still display PAL through the HDMI inputs, as well as through the component input which wasn't working before. The picture comes out black and white and distorted through the standard video input, but I don't really need that anyways- all my analog sources are upscaled to HDMI through my receiver.

It seems most LG TVs in the US can still show PAL, but I heard reports of the 55-inch 8500 model not being able to and that had me worried for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks