What's new

Question for Yamaha RXV1200 or 1300 owners (1 Viewer)

Hi

Does anyone know how to change the main left and right speaker levels?

Pressing the "level" button on the remote cycles through the center channel, surround rear, surround left and the subwoofer, but not the main speakers.

I know that in the "Set" menu there is a way to decrease the main speakers by 10db, and I know that there is also a way to change their balance, but I cant find a way to tweak the main speakers levels.

So am I just missing something? My brother has a Denon 2802 and he is able to change the levels of all of his speakers. I guess I am still able to accomplish the same thing with what is available - i.e. using the level button on the remote and the balance function.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Yamaha receivers can't change the main L+R speaker levels. Use the master volume for this. Set your reference level by using the volume control. If you measure 75dB(85dB w/avia) at say -20(for example), use this level as your ref. Adjust the center, surrounds, and sub to read 75dB at the -20 reference level. There is really no need to change the main speaker levels.

Dave_M

Agent
Real Name
David Martin
For the rx-v1200 the L/R Balance control can sort of act like a level control. I found out my Polks, for whatever reason, did not have the same volume output level. It was about 1.5db off between left and right, so I used the balance control to even them out then calibrated the rest of the speakers.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks