What's new

Question about super bit and region 1 players. (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
patriot.gif

I thought I read a thread that said that the Super Bit disk's might or does lock up a lot of R1 players.Any one with advance copys with R1 no if this is true?
Also.Im sorry if this is else where ,when I did a serch I could not find anything on this question
------------------
RCA 36 INCH TV
DENON avr-2800
Panasonic DVD-rv80
Fronts:PSB Century 1000i
Center:PSB century 200i
Rear:PSB Alpha Into LR
MTX power sub
Kimber Kable & Illuminations V-21
God Bless America :usa:

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Speaking of searches, you might want to remove your equipment list from your sig. That's frowned on around here because it triggers false hits for anyone searching for information about a piece of equipment that you happen to own. :)
To answer your question, I don't know why DVDs specifically designed for Region 1 would lock up Region 1 players. There's nothing different about Superbit DVDs other than the fact that they devote more of their storage space to the video portion of the movie.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I think I read on AVS Forums that the seemless layer change on the SuperBit DVDs can lock up or crash some DVD players.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I just read a thread yesterday about seamless layer changes (I forget where, I think it was here on HTF), and that they violate the DVD specifications and thus may cause compatibility problems with some players. This is why you don't see many discs with seamless LCs.
Seamless LCs have nothing to do with Superbit, per se. But perhaps there are some Superbit DVDs that also have the seamless LC? Where did you get this information?
KJP

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I read it over on AVS Forums (http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum30/HTML/000613.html#9
[Edited last by Andrea W on September 26, 2001 at 01:26 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks