What's new

Question About "Mixed Nuts" DVD (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I was out shopping today and I came across "Mixed Nuts" on DVD which stars Steve Martin. After reading the packaging and learning that the disc was only pan & scan, I refused to purchase it. Now I've been reading reviews for the DVD this afternoon and all of them claim that the DVD is anamorphic widescreen. I really enjoyed this movie, and at $6.99, I can't really complain about the price. I'm just wondering if there was perhaps an error on the packaging. Or, is this one of the titles that Columbia/Tri-Star tampered with by removing the widescreen transfer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DavidBC

Second Unit
The one I have (which I also picked up for $6.99) is two sided, widescreen on one, full on the other. And while I don't like the movie, $6.99 is a perfectly reasonable price to watch Madeline Kahn stuck in an elevator!

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
But some are listed as having both and it turns out to have only Fullscreen

Like the one i returned and got my money back .

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Thanks for the link Jesse. I had a feeling it was a case of Sony's policy of dropping the widescreen version. It's a shame, since I really get a kick out of this movie. Oh well, on to E-Bay. lol.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Again, if there ever was a case for having illegal DVD copying software.... (and to do that would cost almost as much as buying the disc new at the current prices, but I guess it's a small enough amount that Sony won't miss it since they don't think these titles are worth showing correctly anymore.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks