What's new

Purple or Green bleeding on screen (1 Viewer)

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator
So I've never noticed this until today, and the fact that I just got new speakers and a receiver of the last week or so has me suspicious.

When I put a DVD in tonight, during certain scenes, on the left side of my Sony KV-34HS510 I can see the screen has a purple or screen brightness.

I dont think its anything to do with the speakers...because when I move them or the receiver, it still shows up (unline when I've had unmagnetically (a word?) shielded speakers that cause a purple hue.

I seem to notice it most when I use dvds on my 360 or PS3 (not so much with the Wii). Both he 360 and the PS3 are plugged to the Denon receiver, but if I disconnect the component cables and then connect either directly to the TV, I still get the same purple or green hue. This leads me to believe its not the receiver either.

Is this just an issue I'm now noticing with my TV?

Gruson

Second Unit
Something is not shielded correctly.

Move the speakers away from the TV and see if that works...if not, move the receiver and test.

MandyHan

Stunt Coordinator

So if its just on the left side, its either the left floor speaker or receiver (underneath the left end) that's like causing it.

I seem to remember having on an older TV a way to degauze the screen...any idea if I should be able to do this?

I'll try moving some of the things around (Wii, wireless router, etc).

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks