What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pumping Iron ANNOUNCED (1 Viewer)

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, seeing Arnold on The Tonight Show has renewed my interest in this title.

Anyone know anything about a DVD release? I want to see the 25th Anniversary Special Edition on DVD. There are copies floating around on the web, but I imagine they are cheap copies of the VHS.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg_L_C

Stunt Coordinator
I have read that Arnold bought the distribution rights in the early 90's and there has been no new distribution until the 25th anniversary special on HBO.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I heard that he bought the rights and never plans to release it again cause it had him smoking pot in the movie.

Craig_T

Second Unit
This film was released on DVD a few years back, but due to certain defects, it was eventually recalled.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A DVD is due.

About a year ago Cinemax showed Pumping Iron as well as 2 making of doumentaries about the film(which included a cast reunion,lots of extra footage and some commentary on the film).It was Pumping Iron night, about 3 hours of footage all together.I taped it, its great stuff.

Last I heard,all of this stuff is set or a DVD release, but no date has been given.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Smoking pot, eh? Well... if he ever wants to be President, all he needs to say is: "I deedn't inhale."

Just say no.

Gordy

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

Or have the Constitution changed, since he wasn't born here... ;)

I've been wondering about this release, too. I have the special on my PVR from a month or so ago, but I'd like to have something a bit more portable and, because I'm a geek, official.

Nick

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From DVDFile:
And to help celebrate a quarter of a century of Schwarzenegger in Hollywood, Warner [on November 11] will also release via HBO Home Video Pumping Iron: 25th Anniversary Edition. This landmark documentary that put Arnold on the map will be presented in its original 1.37:1 full screen aspect ratio and has been newly remixed in Dolby Digital 5.1. Extras includes a making-of featurette, new interview with Schwarzenegger, rare footage, filmographies and trailers. Retail is $19.95.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice to have this on DVD, for him but moreso for Lou Ferrigno. However, where Arnold is concerned, I'd be also interested in Stay Hungry, which he was in with Jeff Bridges and Sally Field. Any word from MGM on that?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont know which is my fav documentary - this or Hearts OF Darkness.

:emoji_thumbsup: VERY cool to finally get this one.

Todd_B

Second Unit
Finally! I've been waiting, and waiting for this, and now I can add it to my collection :emoji_thumbsup:

Todd B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks