What's new

PS3 and Hitachi 51S715 (1 Viewer)

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
Hope someone can help us. When putting in a ps3 game, the hitachi 51s715 has video but no audio. When putting in a blue ray, we have audio but a very thin scrambled line of video. When installing either game or movie, the menu bar is a thin unrecognizable line of video.
I used the same hdmi cable upstairs on our bravia and it works fine. Thinking it might be the hdmi port on the hitachi (which only has 1 hdmi port), I connected an upconverting dvd player with a dvi/ hdmi and it worked fine.
Am I missing some kind of code to input or what? Please help, and as always, thank you all for your time and Happy New Year.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'm not familiar with a ps3, and it's settings, but it sounds like the settings are wrong. Maybe someone with experience with a ps3 will chime in.
You let the ps3 and the tv know that you're using HDMI as the preferred video and audio connection? And you're setting the tv on the correct input with it's remote? Getting the basic questions out of the way...........

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Ed,
The input is set on 1080i, however when I hit info, it shows it recieving 720p. Wierd, I must be interpreting it wrong. The hitachi will let me change something called virtual hd in the set up screen to either 540p or 1080i, I've tried both, no luck. I have also unplugged all inputs, except the hdmi to the ps3, no luck.
So strange, If I put in the ps3 demo disk that comes with the ps3, it works perfectly. But again a ps3 game has no sound and the blue ray movie has scrambled video. Almost seems like my hitachi needs a software upgrade, but I've not been able to find any info on the net.

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
Got it!!! The ps3 needed to be reset via the component hook up and holding down the power button for 2 beeps. Then reconnecting the hdmi cable. Appreciate your help though Ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks