What's new

Proper xbox configuration? (1 Viewer)

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if this should be in the hardware of software section, so mods please move if necessary.

I recently got an xbox and want to ensure that I have it connected properly to utilize the HD capabilites for games that are either 480p, 720p or 1080i (for the few that are).

I have the xbox connected to my tv (Sony 32" KV-32HS500) via the component cables and the audio connected to my receiver. The xbox setup is set so that all HD signals are set to "yes". First question - for the picture do I set it to "Normal", "Letterbox", or "Widescreen"?

My TV does the auto squeeze, where it will automatically detect a 16x9 display (although I can manually turn this feature on if needed), however I'm not sure it's doing this correctly. Last night when I was playing GTA Vice City, it was not in 16x9, but full screen.

Thanks for the help!!

Pete

Bill MacAdoo

Stunt Coordinator
I have my Xbox set to Widescreen for my Zenith C32V36 4:3 HDTV. It has a sqeeze mode (although it's only automatic on 720p or higher resolutions).

The dashboard displays vertically stretched, but 4:3 games play in 4:3 and widescreen games can be played in 16:9 either through automatic or manually squeezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks