Project - Digital Home Server - touchscreen controlled

Discussion in 'Computers' started by soitjes, Apr 29, 2010.

1. soitjes

soitjes Extra

Hi,

I've built a mediaplayer with a little mini-ITX PC. I had planned to use a commercial package, but in the end I wrote everything myself.

The functions are audio, video, photo slideshow, Google Calendar, weather forecast, calculator and phone calls with Skype. This is what it looks like :

[​IMG]

One particular feature is that I can control everything from a little 7" usb touchscreen in my living room.

You can find details on the hardware and software on http://dhs.webatu.com.

Hope you like it.

Soitjes.

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Very cool, and welcome to HTF. At first I thought this might be a spam post but it really looks like you have built something interesting and also free!

3. soitjes

soitjes Extra

It's funny that you think it's spam. You're not the first one, I've been banned before. It seems that people just don't believe that somebody would build everything from scratch. Maybe I should change the picture, and show this one ? So that it looks more "home-built" ?

[​IMG]

HTPC with touchscreens seems to be a open market though. A lot of people told me that they are interested in such a solution, but there isn't much support in the current HTPC software.

Soitjes.

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    No, I don't think that's the problem. The problem is that your first post on the forum was to introduce your project rather than coming here to be a part of the community first! Either way, welcome, and I hope you'll keep us posted on how your project progresses.