What's new

Prices so cheap, are they too good to be true?New store at dvdpricesearch.com make #1 (1 Viewer)

david cro

Agent
I noticed dvdpricesearch.com have added a new store to their price database called North American DVD and after checking a few titles on my wants list, found they come out on top on almost every one.
Looking at their shipping charges, which seem to be $3 to USA & $4 to UK (according to dvdpricesearch), they still work out way cheaper than the rest, some titles over 40% off list.
Can anyone tell me how long these guys have been around and any experience of how they perform?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
You'd be better off putting this in the retail section.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

ChrisA

Second Unit
So they come out better OVERALL than www.deepdiscountdvd.com ?? After using DVDPRICESEARCH.COM deepdiscountdvd.com comes out on top 95% of the time considering the free shipping--they have the lowest overall price 95% of the time and I like them very much.
------------------
Link Removed

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Funny you mention this. I just ran 4 DVD titles through DVDPriceSearch and I also noticed the addition of North American DVD. However, out of the four titles that I ran, DeepDiscount DVD still came out cheaper 3 out of the 4 times for total cost (including shipping).
Its always good to have competition though.

Terry H

Second Unit
David is from the UK. Does deepdiscount ship free to the UK? If not, then likely the other place is cheaper by a bit for him... although not for Americans.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
David must have his preferences set the same as mine, that is shipping to GRB. That way they do work out the cheapest on almost everything. Deep discount charge $6 to UK.
I wondered how long it would be before my little secret was let out of the bag, I saw North American DVD mentioned on a forum just after the new year and was a little sceptical, being so cheap.
I gave them a try and was impressed when a package came thru my door on the Friday of the same week I ordered on the Monday, seeing as post usually takes a week across the Atlantic. I checked the post mark & it had shipped the day I ordered it.
I still use dvdpricesearch each time I order but find the only time they aren't the cheapest is for a title they don't list and when I have to go elsewhere, I never get my discs as quick as from them.
UK buyers usually find Canadian sites the cheapest but after trying the main ones for months at a time over the last 4 years that I've been buying DVDs, I've never found one as efficient as these, even marking packages in a way to avoid customs charges, which I've never had.
A week is the average delivery but prebooking new releases is a good idea as they ship anything from 6 days before release on average to 2 weeks on the occasional title, meaning they get them to the UK by release date every time unless a title is delayed.
I would have thought even with the shipping to the USA, they'd be cheaper than anyone else in a lot of cases, excluding deep discount on some.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss1
Recent bookmarks