What's new

Price check on CLD-79 (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I will be selling my CLD-79 soon. What is my player worth approximately? I have a potential buyer, he knows who he is, but I'm not sure what'll happen for sure, so I'm just checking what my player is worth just in case. My player is a CLD-79. Complete with box, manual and remote all in good condition. My player has a kooky habit of not outputting DTS until you play another digital disc, CD, AC3 or digital LD, but other than that, its works perfectly.

Any ideas for asking price if I sell here?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well, the prices I've seen on Ebay over the last year or so run from around 300 to close to 650 for a new sealed box. I would guess b/w 400-500 would be an decent price for an Excellent to Near mint quality unit -- box, remote, manual etc.

Obviously it runs in cycles from a slow period to peak times around Christmas or right after SW Epis 2 was released when prices spiked a bit as people decided to upgrade units or get back into LD.

These are by memory so no grenades lobbed my way.

CLD-99 run from 500-1000 depending on quality and timing or even a bit more for a couple brand new units that someone had either horded or found in storage.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I got one of ebay about a year ago, still sealed in the box. I paid ~$600 as it was new and in absolutely mint condition.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Thats cool. Thanx for the feedback. Its just that now that I've boxed it up, I can't stand to see it sitting there. If I can't use it anymore, I want to sell it. It was lots of fun, but I'm no longer a collector, and with not collecting LD's anymore, I've no need for the LD player either. I will have to double box it, but I didn't realize its not ridiculously heavy, so shipping won't be a nightmare at least :) Still, it'll cost more than when I ship LD's :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks