What's new

Please help- Annoying problem with my Sony Dream System... (1 Viewer)

Eric_Nathan

Agent
Every time I insert a new DVD, the DVD player defaults to playing subtitles. So I have to press DISPLAY on the remote, then SUBTITLE, then change it from ENGLISH to "OFF".

Not terribly hard to do these 3 steps, but there must be away to make the default settings so that the subtitles do NOT come on automatically. Can anyone help?

Eric_Nathan

Agent
Oh another thing. After I go through those steps to take off the subtitles, the disc *always* skips somewhere about 1 hour into the movie, resetting the preferences so the subtitles are back on. This happens for *every* disc I've played (at least 30, mostly brand new) so it couldn't just be a dirty disc.

DOes anyone out there know how to fix this?

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

none of us have replied because none of us have an answer for you. I can only speak for myself hear, but I won't buy any sony products anymore :) ... I'd suggest making a post in the AV Sources forum as that is where DVD systems are discussed. Other than that contact Sony about your problem, if anyone knows how to change it up it would be them.

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
I actually had a similar problem, but the sub titles would suddenly come on after I started the DVD. This only happened a couple of times. I suspect the problem is software related, since DVD's are software driven (so I am told).

Dave Shepard

Agent
The skipping you mentioned is probably the mating of the two layers on the track every reciever does it one way or another some better some worse. It is more of a slight pause then a skip. As for your other issue check your main settings and see if you can change it to sub-titles off.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks