What's new

PiP modes on Tosh 65HDX82? Split screen? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hartman

Auditioning
I couldn't find much info on Toshiba's site regarding the Picture in Picture features on this set or any others.

Will it support split-screen PiP? Like one full cable channel image on the left and one full cable channel image on the right? Or am i stuck with the little tiny box to have my PiP in? Can you select difference sources for each PiP input? Like digital cable box for one and TV tuner for the other?

Thanks for any info you can provide on this subject!

Jason

PS - anyone know of any good sites with a more comprehensive list of features and functions or where i can find a user manual for this TV or a similar one?

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Don't know about that particular set, but my 42H81 has a "Picture On Picture" mode that splits the screen into two equal-sized pictures.

You can use two different sources, but the choices are limited. You can NOT use any component-connected source, such as a DVD player hooked up through component inputs. You can NOT use the "Ant 2" input.

You CAN use a broadcast signal and the three "Video" inputs, and select any of them for the POP window. I don't know how your digital cable is hooked up, so I can't say whether it would work or not. With my DirecTV, the tuning is done with a set-top box that chooses the channel, so POP is useless for me.

Again, this is for my older model, so I can't say for certain what the deal is with the new sets.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks