What's new

Pioneer Laserdisc player FS (1 Viewer)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Hello. I have a Pioneer CLD-D501 for sale. This has an S-video out, as well as an optical output so you can play DTS lasers. It auto-flips, and also has a shuttle dial on the remote. Asking $110 plus shipping. I am a Master Trader on the HTF Good trader's list. This is an excellent intro and/or back-up unit. :)

Lenny Truett

Agent
I have the same player. It does not have RF out, but it can be modified easily as long as you know what a soldering iron is :) Feel free to contact me with any ?'s.
Lenny

Troy_S

Agent
So WILL this player play Dolby Digital titles? I came into Home Theater post LD so I'm a bit confused.
TIA

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
No, you would have to modify it............but it will play the PCM that all lasers have. Most of the time, that sounds better than the DD track anyways. It has the digital out for DTS lasers as well. Plus S-Video.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
damn. i really want this player but i dont have any money.
frown.gif

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Gosh I would love to get this. I know laserDiscs are kind of dead, but there are enough titles already out, like some GREAT SEs that would make this purchase worthwile. Even if I only got DTS discs, it'd would still be worth it.
But still... how hard would it be to convert it to DD? I'm pretty techically inclided, but I would have NO clue how to go about something like that.
------------------
"Uh-oh."
"Don't tell me, we're about to go over a huge waterfall?"
"Yep."
"Sharp rocks at the bottom?"
"Most likely."
"....Bring it on."
My DVD List
Home Theater Site

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
No......it is not hard to add an AC-3 RF out to this player. You can buy the piece for around $50-75 and do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks