What's new

Pioneer Elite Rec. Volume Control Question (1 Viewer)

Walter Scott

Agent
Just installed my new VSX-54TX and all is well. I note the volume indicator is in dB. Since I used the supplied microphone to automatically set levels, does this indication actually mean something? If so, what is the 0 dB point referenced to?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
0 is reference level where the Pioneer sets its level when it goes thru the Auto setup. When it is done with auto setup it will set the volume to the last known level you used when playing something.
So say you watch a movie at 17db you are watching a movie 17 db below reference level.

Chad

Walter Scott

Agent
When it is done with auto setup it will set the volume to the last known level you used when playing something.
So say you watch a movie at 17db you are watching a movie 17 db below reference level.

but I did not play anything before running the auto set up, so what is the reference level?

ChadLB

Screenwriter
0 is the reference level for auto setup. When you run the setup it will automatically set the volume to 0 and go thru its process.

When you put a dvd in and watch it if you watch it at (-17) you are watching a movie at 17db below reference on your receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks