What's new
World Wide Stereo

Pioneer Elite Pro-510HDTV Intermittent dark picture (1 Viewer)

I bought a Pioneer Elite Pro-510HDTV along with a separate SH-D09 Digital Tuner in 2001. Until recently the system has been trouble free. However, lately, the 510HD presents an intermittent severely deteriorated picture.

The problem presents itself in the following way. There is a sound of a pop and at the same time, the screen darkens to the extent that screen images become almost unrecognizable. After a few minutes of this dark picture there is the sound of another pop and the screen regains its normal picture.

What's going on? What do I need to correct the problem?

728x90

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Maurice, this is a Display Devices question and the thread has been moved. HD Hardware is for discussions about HD-playing equipment -- i.e., HD DVD players, Blu-ray Disc players, D-VHS machines, etc.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Maurice.

I have seen this problem before, but do not remember the fix. There will be a Pioneer Service bulletin on the issue, so just call the shop for repair.

best of luck

gregg

Thanks Greg for your reply.

I have been awaiting a response from Pioneer for a number of days and just got it. They tell me, "you may have an issue with the Power Supply Board" and that I should have a local service center check it out. They say that the parts and labor should be a $200 plus.

If it is a power supply board, I will have it replaced. My concern has been that the problem might have been catastrophic and unfixable. I really did not want to replace the unit. Although I paid top dollar buying when the model frist came out, it has been worth the expense.

I am prepared to replace it if necessary. I am ignorant about today's HD technology and do not know what type of system would best meet our viewing need.

We get both over-the-air HD broadcasts from local stations and Hd via satellite. However, within a few months, I am moving to a situation in which I must take Cox Cable.

Again, I thank you for your comments.

Maurice

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks