What's new

Pioneer DVD Recorder With Tivo & DCDI Chip (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search & didn't see anything on this so I thought I'd post a link. Pioneer is getting ready to release a couple of DVD Player/Recorders with Tivo service using the DCDI Faroudja chip. One will be an Elite model. Here's the link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...,93040,00.html

There are also getting ready to release a couple of new Elite receivers VSX-55TXi & VSX-53TX. The VSX-55 TXi has the I-link (firewire port).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...,93037,00.html

Trust me if you have a VSX-49TX receiver & it doesn't have the firewire port pay the $500 to have it upgraded for the firewire port & the extras that would essentially make it a VSX-49TXI. Pioneer is offering the upgrade on the receiver until July 31st. Listening to DVD-Audio & SACD through the firewire port when paired with the DV-47Ai is a night & day difference. Talk about serious bass & clarity - unbelievable. SACD sounds completely different throught the firewire port - totally 3 dimensional.

I use the firewire port for DVD movies & CDs also. I did a comparison using my CD changer & playing the same CD through the DV-47Ai using the firewire port. No comparison - there was a big improvement when playing through the firewire port.

If any of you have any questions about the upgrade I'll be glad to try to answer them.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Well, gosh darn - those are exactly what I'm looking for. Except I read not too long ago that Pioneer intended to release two dvd recorders priced at $625 without hard drive, and $1,000 with. These model #'s are different (I don't recall them - I just know they're different), so I wonder ....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks